Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fraiche

I ate at Fraiche for the first time four years ago, and then again about a year ago. I've heard the chef has changed since I had first gone, but I remember there was an amazing steak tartare and summer corn soup. Yes I had a three-course lunch in the middle of my work day. By myself. I'm a fatty.

warm bread and olive oil

tagliatelle, jumbo shrimp, asparagus, lemon

chocolate pudding, whipped cream, sea salt

I'm not quite sure if the food or the service was a bit lacking. Maybe a bit of both? I asked the waitress for the shape of one of the pastas and she seemed a bit snooty. However, once she and the manager saw me taking pictures, they were more attentive. My pudding came without salt and a weird skin on the top; the waitress tried to tell me it was there "underneath the cream" ... damn you, I can taste salt. She brought it back to the kitchen and "fixed" it - when she came back she said "I think he forgot to put any salt on it!" Maybe I should just try going back for dinner?

Fraiche
9411 Culver Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been since Ben Bailly left. This doesn't bode well.

    ReplyDelete