Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap Year 2

The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2012

It is that time of year ... the time for cookies. Or, to be more exact, time for The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap.

My friends were slightly worried last year when I told them I was participating because they thought maybe I'd get poisoned. But here I am, still alive and kicking! Nothing was poisoned or anything less than delicious. I know nothing was poisonout because I made Boyfriend eat a cookie first from every batch I received. If he didn't start foaming at the mouth or kneeling over after five minutes, the cookies were safe. I made molasses spice cookies in 2011 so now I have to brainstorm as to what to make in 2012.

Interested in joining? The more the merrier! In its inaugural 2011 year, over 600 people participated. The deadline to sign up is Monday, November 5th and there will be a $4 donation required this year. All proceeds will go towards Cookies For Kids' Cancer and OXO will be matching every donation dollar for dollar, up to $100K. So not only are you baking (fun), you are getting three dozen cookies in the mail (more fun, that eating part) and you are making a difference in the lives of children. How many better reasons would there be for participating?

Plus, you get to virtually meet some great people and get introduced to some new blogs which are full of good eats ... last year, I received or sent cookies to:

Carroll (Vanilla Lemonade / twitter handle @CarrollVMohler)
Amanda (an organic process / twitter handle @loveandnachos)
Madison (Dessert Pocket / twitter handle @dessertpocket)
"Susie" (Susie Freaking Homemaker / twitter handle @M_Olson1)
Chirstina (Sweet Lavender Bake Shoppe / twitter handle @SwtLvndrBkeShpe)
Kate (Kate's Ideas / twitter handle @KateSnapp)

Hello ladies! Hope you are all joining again this year ... maybe we'll get each other again via luck of the draw!

No comments:

Post a Comment