Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Walking Dead S3E2 - Tasty Noodle House


I failed at the cooking this week, as you can see from the take-out box in the picture above. Or did I cook but serve everything in take-out boxes? No, that didn't happen. I went to a wedding this weekend in Vegas and got back just in time on Sunday night to grab some take-out and plop myself down in front of the TV.

I've heard that Jonathan Gold raved about the ja jaing mein at this Chinese restaurant close to my apartment so I thought I'd give it a try. I absolutely love ja jiang mein and always want to have it; I remember being about six years old at the (now closed) Dumpling House in Temple City. I have a distinct memory of my dad mixing the noodles up and explaining to me what the dish was. Ahh good food times.

pork buns

ja jiang mein

The pork buns were very very good actually ... the dough was very fluffy, like eating clouds. The noodles were also good although it was a bit off putting that they were cold. I've never had them cold before and I think I appreciate the hot ones better. But for a quick dinner, it hit the spot. And less than $15, the price can't be beat!

Tasty Noodle House
827 W Las Tunas Dr, San Gabriel, CA 91776

No comments:

Post a Comment