Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Europane


Do you live in Los Angeles County ... or for that matter, do you live in Southern California? If so, please hurry and drive to Pasadena and go to Euro Pane. Order the egg salad sandwich. They recommend it on rosemary current bread but I prefer it on olive bread. All of their bread is baked fresh every day and if you like it, you can order it and take it home by the whole, unsliced loaf (if you want to be rustic) or you can ask them to slice it for you (if having unsliced bread is one of your #firstworldproblems or one of your #99problems).

You'll receive the egg salad with just the right amount of mayonnaise, with the yolks still moist and golden, garnished with chives and fresh pepper. There will be a red pepper pesto underneath and some field greens and arugula. Eating will be messy but oh so worth it. Afterwards, indulge in their baked goods ... namely macarons. They are huge, about 2.5 inches across. The salted caramel is the favorite here and is very good, though I had to admit that I do still prefer 'lette or Jin Patisserie.


I may have gone a little overboard in ordering macarons in the above picture but I enjoyed every bite of them. Also, their pear spice cake is amazing and I order it every time they have it. Come to think of it, I've never had anything bad from there or even mediocre. Once I ordered a roast beef sandwich and it was also awesome. Am I gushing too much? I love this place.

There are now two locations ... both on Colorado Blvd. The original one is near Lake Ave in a small two-story strip mall and that's the one I like better. For some reason, the egg salad tasted different at the other location. Also, the egg salad isn't ready until about 10am so you can't pick one up on the way to work and save it for lunch. Which makes me sad.

Euro Pane Bakery
950 E Colorado Blvd, #107, Pasadena, CA 91106

No comments:

Post a Comment