Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lazy Ox Canteen

It's time again for DineLA! Sadly, it's over tomorrow and I didn't get to nearly as many restaurants as I generally do. Just haven't been going out to eat as much anymore ... no idea why. Even cooking at home has been a general repeat of the same dishes that I've previously blogged about before. It's like I've hit a fooding slump and need to get my mojo back.

On Sunday, Boyfriend was working (he works in a hospital so someone always has to be there ... damn sick people) so before I went to Disneyland to meet up with a few friends, I decided to go out to a leisurely lunch by myself. I just sat at the bar, reading my Dresden Files book and ate at my own pace. It was amazingly relaxing.

roast yams, sea salt, apple maple gastrique

ox tail ragu, house-made tagliatelle, soft poached egg, parmigiano reggiano

rice pudding, caramel, pinenut crumb

Can we take a moment to talk about the rice pudding? I don't even like rice pudding. Or tapioca pudding. But this rice pudding is uh-mazing. Almost a relgious experience. If you are even a tiny fan of the rice pudding, you must try this one. If you don't like it, you will eat this one and never eat another one ever again without it being inferior.

Pardon the inconsistency in quality of the pictures, as I took them with my phone's camera. Also, even though I've gloated over the rice pudding, don't discount the other items. The pasta was really really good, though the yams came minus the sea salt and I had to ask them for some on the side to cut through the richness of the apple maple gastrique.

Tomorrow is the last day of DineLA! Where will you be having lunch/dinner?

Lazy Ox Canteen
241 S San Pedro St, Los Angeles, CA 90012

No comments:

Post a Comment