Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wang Jia Restaurant

My parents love getting together for lunch or dinner and if it were up to them, we'd do it weekly. Or even bi-weekly. And there is no way that is happening. My mom and I have very similar personalities so whenever we are in a confined space for a long period of time, someone will up the crazy meter and all of a sudden, no one is having fun. Innocent bystanders caught in the cross-hairs are Boyfriend, my brother and my dad.

However, sometimes I have to humor her, right? She suggested trying out a restaurant only a couple blocks from where I live so Boyfriend and I were able to walk over. The place wasn't very crowded and specialized in Shanghainese food - a lot of braises, noodles and buns/dumplings.

complimentary egg drop soup

stir fried rice cakes

loofah with tofu balls


three ingredient crispy noodles

sauteed A-vegetables

Wu-Xi spareribs, spinach

beancurd sheets, yellow chives, shrimp

General Tsao's chicken

I have no idea if my mom ordered that last dish to be funny since Boyfriend is Italian. The food was good, though one of our dishes never arrived. Incidentally, that was the one I wanted the most. There are lunch specials too so be sure to take advantage of it! Afterwards you can walk two more blocks to Half-and-Half for some boba.

Wang Jia Restaurant
156 S San Gabriel Blvd, San Gabriel, CA 91776

2 comments:

  1. Does General Tsao's chicken have connections to Italy? I don't get the connection between the chicken and Chad, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's remarkable to pay a visit this web site and reading the views of all mates concerning this paragraph, while I am also keen of getting know-how.
    My webpage :: printable restaurant coupons

    ReplyDelete